Monday, February 2, 2009

Comtemplating Life...

Having my 2nd cup of coffee since 7.30am today. I can feel migraine coming and whenever I try to concentrate and read anything, the pain seems to come in waves. The only different is whether the waves the small gentle one that will only makes you buoy slightly when it hits you or it is those that wham you off your feet when it slam down from over your head. At the moment, the waves feel mild and swaying me. I just hope that it don't get worse! So damn hard to be a woman! (I think only girls can understand what I am babbling about now).

Things at the office are pretty much back to normal. Bosses and colleagues are back from holidays and they are busy catching up after one week of not checking their emails. But I guess I can say that there shouldnt be too many emails last week except from internal people. I heard from some of the colleagues that their boss sent them emails to update them and remind them to do this and that. In other word, bham wham slam....

Sigh~!! Situation is definitely not looking up for the semiconductor business. It seems that at everyturn, we hear companies laying off their people. And this companies are not small companies. They are consider the giant of the semiconductor business. So, that means that there are plenty of people on the street now that is jobless and hungry for job. I guess I should stay put and be grateful that I still have a job in a relatively stable company. But I am itching again to look for something else.

A colleague was talking about switching to lecturing since the hours are more straightforward and life should be simpler. Prepare material, teach, mark the papers and go home. Of course, in reality, preparation and marking might run into personal time as well especially during the end of semesters when the students have finals and so on. But the again, this is a relatively stress free life if you enjoy teaching. I did some teaching once before and I must say, I definitely do enjoy it but the thing is, I rather not go back to education industry if I can help it.

My first job was in the college that I did my first 2 years of degree at. And after graduation with honours from the sister college in Nilai, was offered the position as the program officer and from there, after five years, finally achieved what I set out to do, climb the corporate ladder to the management level. So, did that, done that and saw all the dirty underhanded things that the management would do in order to get themselves certified and recognised by the government which goes against many of my principles.

Of course, the unreasonable boss didnt helped much either. I mean, imagine being called into his room after the management meeting and being scolded for asking questions during the meeting? Anyway, after I got out from education industry to semiconductor, I vowed that I will never ever go back to education again. Instead, I enjoyed and flourished as a planner and customer service in semiconductor. So much so that in the last year of my service in my old company, I constantly get called from headhunters. Of course, those were the time when the business was booming for semiconductor.

Anyway, back to what I was saying. I am looking again...Not necessary semiconductor industry since that would be asking for too much in the current economic situation. However, I do not mind going to other manufacturing industry. Perhaps tobacco or chocolate related since I read that this two industries are one of the most stable? Or perhaps if I am really tired and fedup, then lecturing since I have a masters degree. It would be good to go work at 10am back by 4pm with 2-4hours lecture in between. *GRIN* Daydreaming...sigh...

2 comments:

Rose world said...

u looking too? Me too! Life not so good in my company too. heheh!

JenJen's Place said...

Hi Rose,
Sigh..the job is not as satisfying as I hoped it is....