Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Note to Self: 10 Sept, 5.40pm

Today OM came to my desk and ask me to use the right terminology when writing to vendors. Asked if I know the difference between the term pull in and pull back. He proceed to explain that pull in = when we want to ask the vendor to do us a favor and expedite shipment. Pull back = when vendor delay and we ask them to pull back. He also said to use the term 'stick to commit'.

Proceed to lecture for about 15-20minutes on this. Totally confusing me as I felt that the issue is really minor and does not warrant him walking to my cubicle and give me such long lesson. Oh, I was on the phone at the time and he asked, who are you talking to. So, I thought it was urgent and end the call immediately.

Am I being too sensitive? I don't know....