Saturday, April 19, 2008

My Car Is Spending More Money than ME!

So having shipped my car to KL, the next thing to think about is how to renew my car insurance. I guess it will not as easy and convenient as in Kuching where everything is near compared to KL. The first thing that I will need to do is to find a reputable car insurance provider to give me some auto insurance quotes. After that, will also need to check the service charge that this provider gives. I actually asked the RHB Delta Finance in Kuching before I came here on how I can renew my insurance and road tax if I continue to use them as my auto insurer. I was rather surprised how convenient and cheap it can be.

All I have to do is, bring my original green card and go to the RHB Business Center, make payment for both the insurance and roadtax. They will only charge RM10 for service charge and courier. The roadtax can be collected the very next day. There is only one problem though, the business center is located in the heart of KL, ie. near the Bukit Bintang area! And I definitely do not want to even imagine going there just to pay for my insurance and roadtax, what more to say about actually going there!

So, guess I will just start to shop around for a new auto insurance and change again. After all, the NCP points can be transferred from one insurer to another without much problem. Hopefully, this people do not see me as the country pumpkin and try to charge me crazy crazy high price. All I know is my car is definitely costing me more than I am costing me. Babe and I am already planning to send the car for its normal check up and servicing since the mileage is way pass it time. Furthermore, the car seems to be sulking because the pick-up is not as good as it used to be. Sigh! I only hope that God gave me enough patience to handle babe's friend's wife that we are staying with now. (But then that is a different story for another day!)

No comments: