Monday, April 7, 2008

Last Day at Work

LAST DAY AT WORK!!! Am I happy? I dont know....

All I know is I feel surreal today. Abit melancholic but at the same time excited. Yup, I am a bundle of nerves today. Friends are making lunch date with me and now total lunch date count is 10 pax. Got this feeling that it will grow some more later. I have warned my friends cannot hug me lar! Later I cry! hahahaha.. But I think they will have their way and hug me anyways since I am so huggable (according to them ah, not me say one!!). I only have one request, dont flatten my boobs from too much hugging! (BLUEK!)

I am still doing some work today actually. My phone is still ringing, email coming in and so on eventhough I had already sent out notification emails earlier to redirect the emails to my counterpart. It got to the extend that even a manager in the room from another department is asking how come you are still so busy because I thought today is your last day~! hahaha.. I dont mind much lar I guess. Will try to help them as much as I can now because I know that when I go off tomorrow, chances are I might not remember much when they call to ask me things.

Not being mean lar but this is based on my previous experience when I left my previous company to this one. When they call me up a week or two later, I cant remember much as my mind was filled up the current job. Although I can multitask but I dont think my brainpower is so strong. So, I have already warned my counterpart, they can call me up to ask questions but I cannot guarantee that I will be able to reply or remember everything. Therefore, FRIENDS (You know who I am talking to lar) dont blame me ah if I tell you I dont know....

Hhmm, going to start the farewell 'tour' around the company after lunch later. Need to get the resignation checklist signed off before I can leave for the day or else HR will deduct whatever I have not returned from my 7days worked paycheck! I wonder how long that will take. Need to go far far far away to logistics as well. Will start off with third floor and work my way down and last will be HR when I had in my badge. After that, I will be considered 'illegal' in the company, cannot go in and out without piggyback when someone else swipe their badge to go in.

Oh yah, I have also packed my stuff last Friday except for a few items. Cant believe that after 3 years working here, my life can be filled into a box. The box is not even full. I was expecting more things. After all, in the previous company, after working there for five years, I have two full boxes when I left. I think maybe have to do with the 5S that we practice here and that does not allow for much personal items. Even if I want to donate anything to other colleagues also cannot because nothing to donate! hahaha...

Gosh! I am really going to miss my colleagues!

10 comments:

RaiNboW said...

I miss you too.. a lot a lot

JenJen's Place said...

rainbow,
huggggssss!! I will miss you alot alot too! Actually oredi start to miss liaw.....feel so lost!

KristyCK said...

Wishing you all the best Jen!

Melancholy Thongs said...

hey .. so when are u moving to KL?

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

Wishing you all the best in your new career and future, Jen.

Rose world said...

Going to miss you my friend! keep in touch! And wish you and babe all the best there! :)

JenJen's Place said...

Billy's mom,
Thanks for the well wishes. Right about now, all I wish for is to be home..homesick oredi!

JenJen's Place said...

Thongs,
I am HERE! hahaha..now typing this at the KLIA while waiting for babe to pick me up.

JenJen's Place said...

Nick,
Thanks! Hope I will have time to update my blog as often^_^

JenJen's Place said...

rose my dear fren,
Going to miss you very much. I think worse now that you can msn during ofis hr :(
But pls do sms/email me!