Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Nagging - Man vs Woman

I can still remember when a few years after I go steady with babe, when we are comfortable with each other and start to say what is on our mind, one of the things that he mentioned was that he don't like people nagging at him. Since I also never did like being nagged at, I agreed with him. But of course I couldn't helped teasing him by saying what if next time when we are married and I start nagging him. He will then teasingly say don't want me and will find another younger girl. This is something that we do, tease each other and pretend that we don't care, etc.

I remember this clearly because my mom likes to nag at us and very loso (long winded). Maybe that is why I sort of phobic to being nagged at. I kinda get this tension headache whenever my mom get started. So, I was really glad when babe have the same opinion as me about nagging. I though, good, at least he won't nag at me! After all, we are planning to live the rest of our lives together. So, that is pretty important.

That just goes to show how little did I know. Recently, I realised that babe is getting pretty naggy. I mean, sometimes he will be so long winded and keep on reminding me to do this and that again and again until I cannot stand it. In fact, I did tell him that he is very loso! But his excuse was.... You always forget to do the things I asked you to do. So I remind lor! *PENGZZ!~*

Ok, so true, sometimes I do forget especially when I have too much things to do at work and a lot of things on my mind. But sometimes I don't do what babe asked simply because I didn't have the time to attend to it yet. Or, I postponed them since I will be on leave anyways. So, might as well use the time I am on leave to do whatever need to be done instead of rushing around like a mad woman during lunch time. At times like this, I wonder what happened to the pact/promise we made about not nagging at each other. I realised that man can actually be more long winded than us girls.

There are times that I wonder the reputation for girls about being long winded, likes to nag and gossip is all made up by man to cover their own compulsive behavior. As far as I am concerned, I think there is a conspiracy between all man to maintain their macho image. In fact, I believe that all those buddies, guys-only beer drinking session is non other than a full blown gossiping session. Guys, no point denying this. We know. How we know? We just know....HEHEHE!!

12 comments:

Rose world said...

Guess wat! I also becoming very naggy. Hubby cant stand me!! Why? Becos I asked him to do a simple task and he keep saying "later" or "tomorrow"! So, we nagging bcos we got reason to nag

Anonymous said...

yeah sometime my hubby can nag more than me...

JenJen's Place said...

Rose,
haha! We are the opposite, he nag me bcos I am the one that owas say later:P ahahahahahaha

JenJen's Place said...

Steff,
hehehe...and they say we are the one that likes to nag!!

Rabbit said...

my mom says my dad is getting more and more naggy when he gets older. I feel that too. For the one thing he says, he repeats it again and again and again, as though he's afraid that none of us actually realise he's talking to us.

how cute hor?

Anonymous said...

My bf and I can't stand nagging either. I feel there's no use nagging cuz it doesn't get an argument anywhere. Most of the time, it only makes matters worse.. I can't deny that I sometimes tend to nag when I'm frustrated. But most of the time I stop myself before it gets worse.. :P

JenJen's Place said...

Rabbit,
My dad is also like getting more naggy also! I wonder if it is because that goes with age too...
Mom actually complaint about that too but mom dun realised she also naggy. When we point it out to her, she gets angry... *pengz*

JenJen's Place said...

Ratu Syura,
Correct! Nagging is never constructive, either it will fall on deaf ears or it will turn into a fight...
Having said that, we human just dont learn i guess and have the tendency to mumble, grumble and be grumpy..so the start of nagging! Oh dear..have I been naggy recently...*gasp*!

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

Well, if you consider getting grouchier by the day as part of nagging, then I think I'm becoming a total nag! OMG! (said in the janice from Friends tone) LOL!

JenJen's Place said...

Nick,
Are you admitting that you are getting old and naggy? hehehe!!!!

Dina said...

One thing I learn from my husband is I can't nag him. If I asked him to do something he will do it but not immediately, but I like him to do it right there right then...:))

JenJen's Place said...

Hi Dina,
I guess ask once and let it be is the best policy?