Friday, January 11, 2008

Butter Rice

Another simple easy recipe that come to my mind when I think of the Chinese New Year. Whenever we decided to have a open house, we will of course cook the usual curry, rendang, etc. However, instead of serving plain rice or lemang, I will cook up some butter rice. It smells really fantastic and goes really well with the curries. So, here goes:

What you need:

1. Rice - washed and drained
2. Butter - general rule is 2 spoon butter for 1 cup of rice
3. Lemon Grass - few stalk. Cleaned and smashed at the root
4. Red Onion and garlic - sliced and fried to golden brown
4. Water - general rule 1 cup water to 1 cup rice (more depending on the grade of the rice)
5. Chicken stock cube
6. Salt & Pepper to taste

How?
1. Melt the butter but do not burn them
2. Add rice to butter and stir fry for a few minutes to enhance the smell of the butter.
3. Pour the rice into the rice cooker.
4. Add in lemon grass, fried onion and garlic, water, chicken stock, salt & pepper.
5. Cook like normal but stir the rice occassionally to ensure that the butter coat the rice evenly

DONE! hahaha..told you it was a very simple recipe but taste very yummy.

p.s I promise that I will take lots of picture for my cny baking and post them here as soon as I can. Right now I am just too lazy to actually bake anything. All the cleaning up!!

No comments: